"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Monday, August 17, 2009

A Triumph of Bosomry Engineering

Sorry to go quiet for a while - it has been a bit of a non-specifically rough week chez sesame seed. But all is well on the halloumi front - in fact, *my* halloumi front does seem to be increasing - even when I try to suck it in. A colleague (and good friend, who has known about halloumi for a while) helpfully commented to me the other day, "you are starting to look a bit... hmm.. tubby." Which brings me to the other expanding territory... The mega-bosoms!



I could only delay the inevitable so long, and finally went maternity bra shopping with el prima on the weekend. And somehow, in the hands of a very capable and sensible seeming woman called Margaret in the brassiere section at M.yer, I ended up walking away with a bra that seriously looks like a 1950s nanna bra... In a D cup! For someone who ordinary just fills out a B cup, this was very very startling (and gratifying, though I do fear for what the poor girls might look like once the return to my ordinary size). Thankfully I also got a much slinkier black one, which will allow me to show off some of this newly-acquired cleavage.

I've now busted the news to all and sundry at work, and it is a relief not feeling like I have to be all secret squirrels about it any more. (please excuse dodgy grammar). I'm now considering a bit of a wider family & friends email, but as usual, have been putting it off, as these kinds of announcements make me very nervous.

And El Prima just made me blush, when she called her nephew (aged 22) into the room and said, "have you noticed anything about H?" and when he looked confused I blurted out "She got me pregnant!" and turned beetroot. Which in turn I think embarrassed him, but he was very sweet and congratulated us.

No comments:

Post a Comment