"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

New in town...

Eeek! It is a funny feeling to be blogging again. It feels kind of "old school". To give a little back history, soon after I started working fulltime in lawfirm A (ie about 6 years ago), I set up a blog for my dear friend W, and in the process, decided to set one up for myself. It was all blogging hi-jinks until I realised that I was so miserable in my job, that if I wasn't careful, I would have an excellent blog, and no job. Seeing as the blog didn't pay the bills, the blogging had to go. Now that I have a job I love, hopefully I can blog "safely"!

I also feel like a bit of a cheater to be starting up a TTC blog only now, when we have managed to get our first BFP. Actually, I think that really is cheating. My sad & sorry excuse was that I found the TTC process too depressing to blog about - the rollercoaster of hoping, and then being disappointed.

We got our BFP on the 9th cycle of inseminations, and so it is a big relief to know that I am apparently capable of conceiving. My HyCosSy test came through all clear, and I haven't been diagnosed with any gynae conditions which might affect my fertility. So we were begining to wonder what was happening. My GP suggested that since our known donor lived in town, we ask him over for a fresh donation (up until now we'd been using his frozen donations via the clinic). Fortunately, he was happy to, and had just had a round of STI tests giving him the all-clear, and our result seems to indicate that fresh is indeed best. Woo hoo!

So... awkward introductions... I'm about to turn 33, and this is the first time I've conceived. My partner, El Prima, is mum to three daughters from her previous marriage who are now in their mid to late teens. The youngest two live with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment